Question about flickering lights

Bajan

Hi,

I am new to the forum, I work for a TV station in Barbados and was serching for some help with the lighting control system in one of our Studios.
The system consists of CD80 dimmer packs and a ColorTran Innovator console, problem is that some light are flickering.

Any help with troublshooting the problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Re: New Member

Welcome to CB. A quick check of the search function yielded this thread with another member experiencing similar issues with the CD80 dimmers. Doing a rebirth on your rack may solve the issues. I would contact Strand customer service. If you have access to another control console, you can at least rule out your current console.

Moving thread to lighting where you may get more answers.

Last edited:
It is almost certainly a dimmer issue, get your electrician to check your neutral connections to the rack, and the snubber capacitors across the output.If it is neither then an electronics issue is likely.

Hi,
I work for a TV station in Barbados and was serching for some help with the lighting control system in one of our Studios.
The system consists of CD80 dimmer packs and a ColorTran Innovator console, problem is that some light are flickering.

CAn you describe your packs? Strand digital pack controllers in them? AMX and a convertor? The last ones with the USB port on the PCB and the menu system?

Are all the packs doing it? If so, most likely the console or covertor if your system has it.

Only one entire pack, swap controllers around to verify.

Part of a pack or part of all packs (like a third, etc.) Check your feeds and your neutrals.

Was something just added? Did you have a storm recently and other equipment let out the magic smoke? Were the packs moved? Does the flickering happen all the time? Does it flicker up or down? Fast or slow, a steady 50/60/100/120hz beat?

As you can see, I can go one for hours as I love troubleshooting. Give us more details and we can help you out.

Maurice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back