Rental Help

This is probably a long shot but no harm in asking:

I'm working out of Key West, FL and am trying to find a rental company that will ship to Key West so i don't have to make the 4 hour trek to Miami just to pick up some lights. I've already contacted Stage Equipment & Lighting, as well as Everlast Productions (both of which are asking i come pick the equipment up). Does anyone know of any other rental companies in the South Florida Area that might ship? I'm only looking for about 10 instruments and there's nowhere on Key West I could borrow from. Thanks in advance!

You've got to be kidding me!!! They won't ship them to you or deliver?! That is horrible service. Send me a private message if you still need help and I will help you out.

It might be that you only want 10 items. See if they will let you pay a bit more for shipping. I know of one place around here that only likes it if you get truckload lots, but still, you ought to be able to get them shipped. See if you can talk to a different person at either place.

I know it's farther, but maybe Orlando?

Yeah, I'm looking into Orlando now, PRG has a site there so maybe i'll give them a call. Problem is it's only 10 lights so yeah... i'm feeling a roadtrip coming on...

what kind are these 10 lights? I'm up in Minnesota and I'm freezing my *** off up here. I might have them, and want a road trip right now....Key West sounds like fun when it's 10 below. I can make a vacation become a tax deduction business trip. :)

All joking, but really list the type you are looking for. Maybe someone closer by might have them that is not a big rental house. I'm not a rental house but I have given out some of my stuff for local HS work before, and blood center fundraisers.

Ken Pogin
Production / Tour Manager
Minnesota Ballet

Haha come on down! it's only 52 currently, but i guess warm is relative right? I'm looking for either 8 ETC Source 4 25-50 Zooms or 10 Source 4 50deg.

It shouldn’t matter if you need 10 instruments, 100, or 1,000, the lighting company should treat you as if you are the most important customer in the world. Sadly, it doesn’t always work this way. You never know when the guy needing 10 instruments one month is going to come back with a $50,000 production a few months later. Any lighting company you talk to should be able to put ten Source Fours into a case and ship it to you. Of course it is going to cost a few hundred dollars in shipping but they will pass that on to you. Alternatively, have them give you a quote for what it will cost them to deliver it to you…maybe it will be worth it to you if you have limited time.

Have you tried Key West Sound, Inc? Their online info seems to imply that they have lighting equipment. Any other local theaters you might be able to rent from?

You can also try Paradigm Lighting in Tamarac…I’m sure they would be happy to ship them to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back