Microphones Shure 450 to Clearcom panel

jakeparr

Is it just me, or is it awkward to find you left your comm/talk back key open after saying something that the crew shouldn't have heard. Well I have an idea, but I need help to make sure I don't awfully break something.
I'm thinking about using a paging microphone with a push to talk switch (like the shure 450) and wiring up some contraption that allows me to switch between the electret panel mic input on my clearcom panel, to the talkback mic input on my mixer.

I honestly have no idea what to do, and I'd really hate to piss off the venue tech.

Thanks, and if this takes off I'll make an instructables or something for all to see and create.

1) Welcome to ControlBooth!

2) While it may seem like a good ideal, most places won't want you to have a "headset" where you could easily walk away from or put down easily. Best thing to do is to just either remember to turn off the mic or watch what you say and who is around you.

Thanks for your help guys!
That HS-6 looks pretty snazzy actually, now I kinda want to buy a headset station off ebay.
But in the back of my head, I've always wanted one of those badass ham radio microphones.
I'm thinking I could get that, and with the help of a little black box I could do everything I need. Like: patch into 4 pin headset on i-comm panel, take pfl feed from "control room out" on mixer, use any stereo headset you like for listening for both the mix and com, give a SA out and a house out in XLR, be able to switch an external relay, and it'd have switches and pots and all that to mix to your liking.

I really only wanted something like this, because I volunteer with Rogers TV, doing audio, and it's always a pain concentrate on the mix and listen to cues from the director.

Someone has beaten you to the punch: the PT-7. There are other options if you do not want to buy Clearcom brand equipement.

But, I am extremely partial to the HS-6 handset which has both PTT and listen. Perfect for FOH or monitor positions.

That is what I was talking about. One of our crew bosses tried to use the HS-6. That didn't end well when they could hear the other people trying to ask him things or tell him things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back