So we were doing our bi-annual musical, Pirates of Penzance, and the TD decided that we should add footlights (a good decision, IMHO). We had a couple of those little 100w mini-leko thingys, but we had to order some more. Of course, they come in the day that we open the show. So I'm there installing, focusing, and gelling (light pink + diffusion) about 4 hours before the show starts. After I spend 1.5 hours putting connectors on them and screwing them into the boxes we built for them, I'm almost done. To focus these, I stood off of the stage and reached around the boxes to focus them so that I could see where they were shining on the curtain in front. The once very center stage won't turn, so I stick my head around to take a look at the base where it is attached to the stage. While trying to wiggle it, the lamp explodes. I jump at the boom, and then take a look at the fixture. The gel in front has about 150 tiny little dings in it, and the bottom of the instrument is littered with glass fragments. If the gel hadn't been in those little guys when I started focusing, my face would have had about 150 little dings from flying glass. Scary thought. But all went well after that.