Tech Girls Rule!

Erodrel86

Hey Everyone! Erodrel here, Ero for short. Thanks for adding me to the forum.

Professionally speaking I have a BFA in Theater Design/Tech with a focus in lighting design. I'm currently working as the ATD for a small Not for Profit theater. Main duties are designing and operating the lights for a majority of our productions. I also run sound here and there, do construction for our in house productions, paint, props, and occasionally unclog the toilets. :eek: Only two of us on tech staff so we do a little bit of everything. Always looking to upgrade our gear, much of which is probably 30 years old but when you're small, the money isn't always there.

I've learned far more about the business side of theater than I ever wanted to know. It's the age old story of Money men vs. Art men.

Anyway, glad to be here. Hoping to get to USITT Con this coming year but our busy season doesn't really allow for that. Chat with everyone soon.
:cool:

Welcome to the Booth! I think many of us have been or still are in your situation. Watch the conventions forum if you do make it to USITT, there will often be a group who trys to get together as we do at LDI.

Welcome! Dang right those tech women rule. There's...ohhhh, I dunno, one or two around here that are pretty happening.
The women on my crew? Pffff....they almost rule the whole world. But I ain't dead yet.

I have to agree Tech Girls do rule, some of the best (admittedly some pretty bad ones too, not the worst) Ive worked with are female.
Welcome to the booth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back