Techie sayings

Yes, but in all the movies people also fall in love in a matter of two weeks (often in High School), they all know the dance moves to songs they're just hearing for the first time, the good guys always win, and the lighting is often quite un-natural.

lol occasionally if i feel like it and have the range i will pfl the actors and listen to their pep talk, or whatever else they may be talking about

Total hobby right there. Listening in and heard something about chinese prostitutes. Had wireless headphones, slapped them on the actor and he was a bit embarrassed once he figured it out.

Total hobby right there. Listening in and heard something about chinese prostitutes. Had wireless headphones, slapped them on the actor and he was a bit embarrassed once he figured it out.

I wish I could say that suprised me. Our actors wouldn't be embarrassed, they'd love it and say something similarly grotesque the next time around.

Oh actors. *WestlakeTech rolls his eyes 'cause the smiley's make his internet mad.*

Here's one we use down in Pageantland whenever we have to redo a project.

If you haven't done it three times, you haven't done it.:rolleyes:
Ours is , " If its worht doing once, it's worth doing three times...."
Goes along well with " Cut it off 3 times and it's still too short."

What is the most common phrase one would say to techies before a show? I would guess not "good luck", but "break a leg" is only for actors, isn't it? Or maybe techies don't go for that sort of thing...I'm just looking to include everyone in pre-show well-wishing.

Normal for us.....Wheres the cast party tonite?

lol

"go home, go home, go home in bobby's jeans!"
(Brigadoon)

What is the most common phrase one would say to techies before a show? I would guess not "good luck", but "break a leg" is only for actors, isn't it? Or maybe techies don't go for that sort of thing...I'm just looking to include everyone in pre-show well-wishing.

"Let's try not to f*** this one up too badly." :rolleyes:

one of our most common preshow sayings is " No Death". That pretty much says it all:mrgreen:

one of our most common preshow sayings is " No Death". That pretty much says it all:mrgreen:

One of our SM's sayings is "No death, no dying, no decay!"

This thread delivers.

So much so, that I have made AND ORDERED, a totally awesome "Techie Sayings" shirt. Many of the sayings make fun of actors so it shall be my Rehearsal intimidation shirt :)

I'll post pics when I recieve it(Dec 30th)

proxy.php
proxy.php

Oops! A problem has occurred with your request! - CustomInk.com
There's the design link, it shows a bigger view so you can actually read the quotes.

I wish I could say that suprised me. Our actors wouldn't be embarrassed, they'd love it and say something similarly grotesque the next time around.

Oh actors. *WestlakeTech rolls his eyes 'cause the smiley's make his internet mad.*

Last week we finished The Crucible last week, I heard "I can get you weed, I can get you meth, I can get you all sorts of great sh**!"

Last edited:
There's one girl on our crew who mentions this story a lot.

She says that when we did Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead two years ago, the guy who played Hamlet was backstage and actually sniffed out somebody's bag of pot.

...She says that when we did Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead two years ago, the guy who played Hamlet was backstage and actually sniffed out somebody's bag of pot.
Hamlet:
Doobie, or not doobie? Whether 'tis nobler to be wise...

Light people its break a bulb
Sound people its break a cone
and for stage break a prop/set piece etc.

you can get creative
And we always play at least one song over the radio before the show. Doesn't matter which one. Just make sure its good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back