User thoughts on Osram Sylvania KREIOS LED Floods Please.

Naaw. Real dimmers used salt water!
And, if you were standing on a dry carpet, it wasn't unheard of to relieve yourself in them to top them up. Forward firing with a linear curve was recommended if I'm recalling correctly and trimming dimmers during quiet scenes was to be avoided.
Thanks for the memories "FM". BTW; I used to install and maintain commercial AM studios and TX's back between 1964 & 1977.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

OK, I'll play along......"I miss the warmth of gaslights." (Not really)
FYI a google search says that gaslights were 2200K and limelight 2400K.

Well, Thanks to Mark and his colleagues and Barbizon, I have a sample to show a client while I happen to be traveling near them for personal reasons. (If you canoe or kayak, check out www.canoecopia.com where I'm going.) It's astounding. Plugged it in in my kitchen (home office) and its so even and such good color rendition - and wide. Even my wife commented on how good the color was. If the client goes ahead and goes this route, I'll be sure to post pictures of the completed room.

Now if I can just figure out how to hold it near the ceiling in a 15' tall room with a 6' step ladder.......just for the demo.

Yes - good way to show coverage or spread. I think it's harder for the non-lighting person to visualize upside down.

We use the 60s for our work lights in the auditorium. 8 of them do the work of the 12 500W incandescents. They've been in operation for about a year now with no issues.
Hi Dad; Would you please comment on their audible noise level? They're being considered for basically a work light application but where they'd also be used for early, bare stage, rehearsals of intense dramas where any 'hummy / buzzy' noise would be objectionable.

Hi Dad; Would you please comment on their audible noise level? They're being considered for basically a work light application but where they'd also be used for early, bare stage, rehearsals of intense dramas where any 'hummy / buzzy' noise would be objectionable.
Mine was silent in my kitchen - with lots of tile.

Bringing this back, would the crowd here recommend the 90w flood units for a scene shop ?.

This would be a shop where they are building as well as painting, so that would be the criteria, intensity and good color. Currently the shop has roughly 25 fluorescents all 4 & 8 foot tubes, of assorted colors, probably a 15 ft, height. Not sure of the sop size yet, my wife will hate some measurements tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back