Design Vectorworks displaying 90 pages

patrickh

Im trying to learn vectorworks and when I create a new file and zoom to fit page. It displays 90. How do I make this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330485849.023831.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330485849.023831.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 248
VW thinks you are printing to 8.5" x 11" paper size, thus the 90 pages is what it would take to print the drawing.

Go to File - Page Setup to configure your print size. For now I'd select "Choose size unavailable in printer setup" as well as using the drop-down box to choose "One printer page". You can then change the print size to 36"x48" or whatever.

You will want to do a bit of advance planning in terms of what size print you are going to use as wel as the scale required to make it fit. Do you have a plotter that can print in 36" x XX" ?, or are you going to have a print done at Kinko's or Staples ?, where I think the largest they can do is 36" x 48" (call and ask). Kinko's and Staples can print large sizes if you export the drawing to an Adobe .pdf file and dump it on a USB drive.

Once you have the print size you intend to use, you can then get an idea of how all the data will fit and where, which is part of the design process, including the layer scales as well as the font sizes, which are important to make the drawing legible.

Hope this helps

You can also change the scale that the sheet is in to make it fit on a single sheet of paper by using the "layer scale" tool. By default, its not on the toolbar in spotlight so you need to activate it from the side menu (see image). After that, you can change the scale to whatever you need to fit what you are designing. For example i have to use 1/8"=1' to make my stage display properly on a sheet of letter sized paper.

~Brian

vwx layer scale.jpg

scale dialog.png

Thank you both!! Your replies have resolved my problem. Again, thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back