VL770 and ETC ION

TDChris

For some reason, I have not been successful in being able to power up my lamps on my VL770s through my ION board. Is there some setting on the fixture itself that I have to change in order to be able to power my lamps from my board? I haven't had any problems with my VL2500 wash fixtures, so that's why I am a little perplexed.

Thanks in advance.

I had a look at the personality and the manual. They look correct. Is it possible you've got a patching problem? Maybe the wrong universe? Possible wiring problem? Do you have pan/tilt control of the fixtures?

I assume you are talking about getting the lamps ON ?. Other then Lamp On/Off via the About screen, do the fixtures otherwise respond to to console input - pan, tilt ?.

I've also got 770s and 2500s with an Ion and don't have any problems with lamping them on. Double check that they're getting data. If not, double check they're in the right mode and addressed properly. That sounds like it's the issue.

To answer the previous questions...

Definitely in the right universe.

I will go back to check the patch once again...that is a possibility (that I should have thought of before even posting...rookie mistake).

Thanks for everyone's responses.

Hey Chris,
Did you figure this out?

I have been having the same problem with our MAC 700.
If i do the command from the about-lamp controls section it works once in a while. But if i write it into a macro like I need to, it doesn't work at all.

Well, I went back and unpatched and re-patched and now don't seem to have an issue. I didn't change anything with the patch, just went through the steps of doing it again.

I haven't yet set up a macro for it, but I probably will in the next couple of days. I'll let you know if I run into any issues there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back