Corn chips in the booth.

Clifford, very nice booth! I wish mine was like that. The one at my school is tiny, probably less than 8' wide and 12' long. Plus we have one chair that you can see over the light board with, the rest, when sitting you cant see anything.

Candy, pop and water are usually the only things we have, unless someone decides to bring dinner in. What's worse is we have several mice living somewhere...

Our sound/lighting booth is smack dab in the middle of a NO food or drink auditorium so during shows we cant have ANYTHING in the booth. Thats why i love running a spot cause your in a room where nobody can see you :)

Clifford, very nice booth! I wish mine was like that. The one at my school is tiny, probably less than 8' wide and 12' long. Plus we have one chair that you can see over the light board with, the rest, when sitting you cant see anything.

We also have an elevator and an iRack. Our rules state that there's no food in the house, but it's fine in the lobby. Fortunately for us, the door to the booth is in the lobby, so getting food in is easy. And nobody really cares at our school. That certinaly makes things easier.

You are lucky. The lobby to our theater is barely offset from, but basically in our school's cafeteria. What's worse is that to get to the booth, you have to completely exit the theater, go into the cafeteria, up the stairs and then you can go into the booth from there. However, there is an elevator sort of in our lobby that we can use to get to the second floor and from there, obviously into the booth.

That's sounds like a bad setup. Who designed it?

The great thing about our walls is that they're sound-proof foam stuff, sort of like ceiling tiles. This is why we have things, like gobos and a nailed tootsie roll, on our walls. This is an older photo, so you can't see them. :( We don't take care of any of our walls.

No clue who designed it. Another school in our district has their own lobby, a walled in pretty large area with a concession stand and bathrooms.
This is why we have things, like gobos and a nailed tootsie roll, on our walls. This is an older photo, so you can't see them. :( We don't take care of any of our walls.
A tootsie roll on your wall?

Yes. We nailed a tootsie roll to our wall. One of the green ones that nobody likes. It's next to the "Titty Cling" sign, which you can see in the picture. Above the middle window there's a piece of paper near the ceiling. The tootsie roll (not pictured [yet]) is now to the right of that.

Oh, and the Titty Cling thing is from the Filippino Culture Night. They had a dance called the Tinnycling (or something similar), and our sound tech thought they said 'titty cling', and promptly made the sign, which he stuck to our wall.

Nice. We haven't had any flags (that I know of). We did have a big 'longcat is loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong' sign made out of an old strip of luaun. It was in the shop, but we gave it to its creator when she graduated.

Last edited:
We have wooden signs from shows hung up in our workshop, and one that probably is not appropriate for putting on this site (even though there are no words on the sign). It's creator just graduated this year so we might take it down.

We can't have anything too risqué. Our drama director (who is also the supervisor for tech) wouldn't like it. She likes a clean shop, so its a miracle we had the longcat sign as long as we did. But she didn't mind the broom someone stuck in the wall.

Yeah our director probably hasn't seen it, but maybe she has. I think she told someone to take it down and they did, then when she walked off, it's creator put it back up again.
Got a load of stuff to take to the dump, maybe I should take that too.

If it's wood, burn it. That's what we do. Over the school year we build up a 'crap pile' of wood that we take to the beach and have a bonfire with in the summer. We did one of ours last night actually. I still smell like smoke. We had a lot of wood this year, so we'll be going a few times.

Yeah we also have a couple of "scrap wood bins" that are overflowing and I need to get rid of. The entire thing is about 4' wide and 6' tall. It's all stuff that is unusable.
That's what happens when you completely clean the workshop and wood storage area. Usually we would take it to a place that has a big wood pile but I guess they have a huge pile already and can't take any more.

sawdust... smells like hot chocolate. At least to me it does.

We always have food in our booth, I guess we're not supposed to but we just stash it in our little black metal box. And on the door leading to the sound booth, oh well it's covered in coke and monster cans.

There isn't supposed to be any food or drink on the stage or in the house either but techs sometimes ditch that rule... especially during light calls or right before a show. Actors get mad when we tell them not to eat or drink in costume and there was one point where a couple of them compared it to when techs eat on the stage... I dunno... that just doesn't seem the same...

Bonfires... the best!!!

Just don't cook anything over varnished, painted, or treated wood!!! (Ok, maybe just ONE marshmallow...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back