The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Elation Fuze Par Z120 IP color issues

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by idio1tg3niou5, Jul 5, 2017.

1. idio1tg3niou5

idio1tg3niou5 Member

LD/Master Elec/Programer and Educator
    Hey all,

I know that these fixtures are quite new and I can't find any info on them yet so I thought I would post here and see if the CB hive mind could help.

I have six Elation Fuze Par Pro z120s that are IP rated for outdoor use, as we are an outdoor theater. They are addressed to 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, and 100 set to 10chn 16bit. All menu functions in each fixture have been set to be the same from one to the next. Address 60, the second in the line is being a little. Weird.

Its color continually gets off. It wants to be a more saturated variation of whatever color its supposed to be. When we power on into the first look it looks correct, and loses itself within the first color change or so.

Any ideas? is this a manufacturer issue?

Thanks for the help!

2. derekleffew

derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

Temporarily, re-address light#1 as 60, and light#2 as 50. Does the problem stay with light#2, or does it move to light#1?

This sounds like it may be LED droop. Check the fixture for thermal issues: fans not running, air intakes obstructed, and so forth.

/Off-Topic
    Why in all that is holey are they not 51, 61, 71, etc.?

3. Amiers

Amiers Renting to Corporate One Fixture at a Time.

Lighting Floor Tech
    I'm going to say the driver chip is failing that controls a specific part the the led array. I have one currently doing the same thing just haven't had time to take it down and send it out. I'm running IP65 Blizzard Toughpars though.

IMG_2057.JPG

If it's under warranty box it up and send it out. Hopefully you are close to an authorized service house.

4. idio1tg3niou5

idio1tg3niou5 Member

Addressing was not my call on this one. I'm only assisting.

5. idio1tg3niou5

idio1tg3niou5 Member

We took it right out of the factory box, checked it, and put it up. Ill go up tonight and try the readdressing, and if that doesnt work we have a spare we can swap. We will try and send it back as it is in warranty and we are in CA, a day or so from a service center.

Thanks for the ideas. I will let you guys know what we diagnose and hopefully we can figure it out for the future.

6. idio1tg3niou5

idio1tg3niou5 Member

We have a spare to temporarily put up so if nothing else works we can do that. The weird thing is that when we color pick (using and element) the "working" fixtures seem like the white is to intense and the "broken" fixture is closer to the actual color we want. For example; in R80 the broken light is more true to the color than the others. Is this something your also experiencing?

7. Amiers

Amiers Renting to Corporate One Fixture at a Time.

Lighting Floor Tech
    No mine is broken, LEDs are going to be intense that how they are. Anything less and something isn't working as intended.

8. NickVon

NickVon Well-Known Member

A similar issue to something a buddy encountered. he's in the market for purchasing 6 of them and has picked one 1 on his own dime, and 1 on the schools budget. When they arrived the LED arrays did not match when colors where selected. He was a using an ION. Some colors (gel selections) where closer then others but some where definitively different between the two fixtures. He contacted both Elation and his Sales company and they are sorting him out by sending 2 additional units to compare to determine if one of his units is an outlier. I wonder if these are different batches of LED, that where used in the same production run of the FUZE?

Amiers likes this.