External mechanical shutter for projector

To be fair, many English speakers are not familiar with the word "dowser" ;) A couple years ago I had a similar issue trying to find what I had always referred to as 'stage brakes'.

:doh: I'd never heard them called that before. I've always heard/used wagon/scenery brakes.

That was just what they referred to them in shop I first used them in and that's the name that stuck with me. The funny part is, the local hardware store kept them in stock since we bought so many of them and had them on the shelves as "Stage Brakes".

I'll vouch for the #1 google result, the City Theatrical unit. We have 2 in different spaces, and they both work great. My only nitpick is that we have nothing else that needs powered DMX in the booth, so it ends up eating a whole universe.

Back to the original question, you might want to check out Engineering Solutions Inc at: Engineering Solutions Inc They make a bunch of different products including dowsers.

I have use the ProDowser ProDowser

I had to enlarge the flag with some black wrap, but the price is good and it has worked well for me

If you're looking to go a little DIY (or budgets are tight), you can build a dowser yourself with just a few parts, including:
The DXM servo driver really simplifies the building of this. If memory serves, the Northlight DMX boards are what ProDowser uses inside their dowsers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back