Favorite wood filler for masonite flooring?

Primo109

I have some small sized divots and some peeling in my masonite decking and I'm trying to find the best way to fill them. Is there a wood putty or filler that others have found works well on masonite flooring?

@Primo109 as Masonite is a flexible product, anything you use to fill holes or gaps is going to necessarily need to be flexible. Bondo, joint compound and wood fillers are right out. Your best bet may simply be Latex Caulk. It's paintable, its pretty flexible and you can shove a bit tip through it easily when the time comes to pull the floor.

@Primo109 as Masonite is a flexible product, anything you use to fill holes or gaps is going to necessarily need to be flexible. Bondo, joint compound and wood fillers are right out. Your best bet may simply be Latex Caulk. It's paintable, its pretty flexible and you can shove a bit tip through it easily when the time comes to pull the floor.
Gotcha, that makes sense! Is there a best practice for getting the caulk level to the floor? Like should I run a putty knife over it before it dries or cut it away once its dry?

Gotcha, that makes sense! Is there a best practice for getting the caulk level to the floor? Like should I run a putty knife over it before it dries or cut it away once its dry?
Ok, so, here's the thing... Best would be to squirt some on the hole then come over it with a putty knife to level it out. <some people swear by spraying some WD-40 on the putty knife first. IDK what that would do to the floor honestly but construction guys swear by it.> You can also just use some water. It's going to be finicky. and you're going to want to practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back