Design Hang Borderlights At An Angle

flash1322

Hey we are trying to hang borderlights at an angle in front of the scrim like this so we need help on how to do it any help appreciated.

sorry its so small i couldent make it any bigger

Last edited:
Could you be a little more descriptive as to the desired look and angle / relative height you want the lights hung at?

Is this the look you're after?
proxy.php

http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/...d-share-pictures-our-shows-24.html#post180832

If so, PM Schniapereli and ask how he did it.:)

It it were me, I'd hang the 7.5' striplight on an 8' 1.5" pipe, and use these
proxy.php

Mega-Coupler w/Eye Nut
or similar to suspend it.

Last edited:
Yes that is what we are looking for but we are hanging them in front a scrim so we dont want the apparatus to be seen

Do you have a fly system? If so, do you have an open fly at the desired location?

However, this would lead to having a bar in your sightlines. If you would prefer mounting the lights at the bottom, a high ground row may be your best bet. You can build it at whatever angle you want, just slope the top piece, or whereever you want to mount the lights.

Edit: In order to prevent the lights from being visible, a ground row is pretty much obligatory.

We want the lights to be visible but not how they are hanging there

Magic?

They can't just be floating in the air...

They don't need to be hung then, do they? Just put some plywood out and screw them down then weight the ends and put a block under one end.

Put some luon on the front of the whole thing and paint it all black.

I'm not sure exactly how the clamps and everything are setup on the strips, but sight-unseen I would suggest just using a pipe and base on the high end, or perhaps angle steel, though I'm not sure exactly how well that would support a heavy light that is off-axis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back