Interchangeability of terms

You are right about the DE15, though I seem to remember one of the connector vendors insisting on HD15 to me years ago. Looks like
wikipedia has a good writeup on the D-series connectors.
/mike

No problem. I had to look it up to make sure. :)
You know, that whole memory fade thing.

It's actually a paradiddle. Drum rudiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was a drummer in marching band before I started theater in high school.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roscolene and cinemoid probably could - especially if the lens breaks into small pieces. Was used on parcans as well and it would stop the small pieces of lamp. Think era of gel and piano boards.

Small pieces makes sense, but most of the lens failures I have seen have been pretty catastrophic. As in, the entire front falling off a PAR64, or a Fresnel cracking into two or three big pieces. But yes, 'Lene and Cinemoid was thicker stuff, so it could have better holding capacity. Still, I don't know if its worth the effort.

Shocked/electrocuted always got me too. Something I've wondered though, can one be electrocuted and still tell you about it. What if the shock caused death and then you were resuscitated. Technically you were electrocuted and then brought back.

Last edited:
Sorry to necro-bump, but a couple that grind my gears

Safe/"safe"
Work around/Bodge

One of the guys at my church has a portable compound miter saw. It's got its own table that folds out. He calls it a table saw.

Irks me because a table saw is very different than a miter.

There is one at our rental shop that annoys me to no end. We have DMX cables and XLR cables!

What they really are is 5 & 3 pin XLR connectors on DMX rated cable.

One of the guys at my church has a portable compound miter saw. It's got its own table that folds out. He calls it a table saw.

Irks me because a table saw is very different than a miter.

What about compound miter saw/chop saw?

That one I'll admit I'm guilty of from time to time, particularly when making an abundance of 90º cuts.

Can you clarify the difference?

From my understanding a chop saw is a miter saw that only cuts at 90º and does not adjust to make mitered cuts. Some of them have adjustable fences, but the arm holding the blade is fixed. I've heard it and used it interchangeably though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back