Our first kilopost!

Do I get my 6th headphone yet Dave?

Do I get my 6th headphone yet Dave?

You mean the headphones that don't show for the staff?

Ok... ok... ok... hahaha... this thread has me ROFL. I don't think I've ever been personally the subject of a thread before and it just cracks me up.

... Yes, there is a sixth headphone. No, I'm not telling what I'm saving it for :twisted:...

I still maintain the status quo confirmed here that the sixth headphone is and will always remain "reserved for future use"

Or perhaps, my dear friend gaff, we should adopt the suggestions of this old post...:mrgreen:
I think that once you get over six hundred million posts you shoulod be rank as "dude without a life"

another forum i've read around had a rank "pitty the fool who posts this much"

"pitty the fool who posts to much"... that's about right. :wall:

Perhaps Dave has already given me my 6th headphone and we just can't see it.

Should be, "Pity the fool who posts too much"... :naughty:

Last edited:
Actually, I'm pretty sure it should be "Pity the fool who posts too much." ;)

OK, you got me on that one. :doh:

The 6th headphone. Probably the single more speculated upon topic on CB.

I'll give you a hint.

It's out there, it exists, and it seeks a master.

So, the notices have let me know that I, too have become a kilopost member. I figure that there's something in there about "slow and steady", but I doubt that I'll be winning any races. So to those of you who have actually read many of my posts, here's my appologies.

Well it seems I have joined the ranks of the ones with no life. I know I have learned a ton and hopefully contributed some. The bad part is I moderate 4 other boards for baseball, which is my hobby.

Can't find the right thread.

I really have nothing to do during the winter.
So I post a bit too much, hence the number under my name.

Interestingly enough, 24 hours from 7 years exactly after I joined.

Last edited:
Can someone please explain the magic headphones?

Back in the Jurassic period, CB had a ranking system based on how many posts you had made. Initially it was a title based system. Everyone started out as an Actor (which let me tell you was great motivation to get your first 10 posts). If I remember right eventually you became a T.D. in that system.

The original title system was replaced shortly after I got here in spring 2006. The main reason was people were insulted about joining a tech theater website and immediately being labeled actors. This led to a new set of titles and the Headphones.

The Headphones were six small shadow silhouettes of headphones by your user name. As you posted more you were awarded more solid headphones. The headphones meant:
1. Newbie 1-9 posts
2. Junior Techie 10-49 posts
3. Techie 50-99 posts
4. Assistant Technical Director 100-499 posts
5. Technical Director 500+ posts
6. The 6th Headphone was unattainable. Dave said the 6th headphone was an award reserved for future use, but no one ever got it.

A little research shows that in Sept 2009 the titles went away but the headphones remained. I can't seem to find when the Headphones finally went away. Perhaps CB 3.0.

I want my gravestone to read: "Here lies Gaff, still trying to earn his 6th headphone."

Ahh, thinking back to the good ol' days, I remember the head phones were phased out just when i earned my 5th and the coveted TD title. It was a sad day, and curiously my post/day has dropped since then. @#$! School...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back