Pie's New Enterprise: The Thread!

I just thought of this

VZ Productions

and as a cheezy slogan you can say

"its easy with VZ!"

I am also thinking about starting up said business in the Asheville NC, Greenville SC, area.

Well guys, on the drive back to St. Louis I got a phone call. My first client! I'm only sending out $50 worth of kit because its a smaller show, but it is a nice start. The client is a friend of one of my people, so she is running the show for free for them, but I think I might head out just to schmooze a bit.

Also, I guess in St. Louis it is cool to advertise where you are getting your lighting from. These are the posters which are up downtown:

proxy.php

yeah that was right when I was unboxing everything, it now looks normal again. It was great I told all of my roommates about it except one, I had a girl over and we were listening to music with everything going on auto and he walked in a just started laughting, he was a bit confused.

Can we start a discussion of all the unsafe things in the picture from Pie's living room. PLEASE :pray:

Can we start a discussion of all the unsafe things in the picture from Pie's living room. PLEASE :pray:
feel free just do it in another thread.

So I just got back from Stella Light's first event, a DJ set which lasted till just shy of three. I cut a bargain rate on the equipment and hung out at the show for free, but I made a ton of contacts handed out lots of cards and I think things are looking good, pics are soon to come!

Alright here are some pics from last night, I love how the beams of light showed up even though she was using flash.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Points as I see them in the photos:
Hot DJ
JBL Eon(plastic box of death)
Somebody tried to make a line array, badly-using hardware store chain and eye bolts.

Somebody tried to make a line array, badly-using hardware store chain and eye bolts.
Well you can't fault Pie on that, given that he is only providing lighting!

Er, I know I've mentioned that, but JBL Eon's? Yep, they're on the "to-buy" list for the student activities program. (And I'm putting my stamp of approval on it... :oops:)

Pie, only four PAR64 LEDs? Was this a club etc., or a party at a residence? Were these four PAR64s set on automatic, was she running lights, using pre-programmed effects, etc?

charc, it was a VERY small club, so even those for pars it was overkill. He only wanted to spend $50 so no controller (or operator for that mater), the lights were on auto mode.

I only hung around to make contacts and to take advantage of getting in for free to a 21+ club while only 19.

avkid, yeah she was hot, the jbl was only used as a monitor and there really isn't anywhere else for those speakers to live.

charc, it was a VERY small club, so even those for pars it was overkill. He only wanted to spend $50 so no controller (or operator for that mater), the lights were on auto mode.
I only hung around to make contacts and to take advantage of getting in for free to a 21+ club while only 19.
avkid, yeah she was hot, the jbl was only used as a monitor and there really isn't anywhere else for those speakers to live.

Nice.

So, this cost you, what, $2000, again?

Let's change that figure to $1950.

As a serious note, it is probably worth putting away half of that money you make to repay your parents with. I'm not saying you should give it to them now. But you want to make sure you're at least setting it aside.

well the total was closer to $2100, so that money is actually going to me, so I can you know, eat. I do plan on paying them back quick as I can. Hopefully this gig will lead to bigger stuff.

I am working on getting booked for St. Louis's biggest anual drag ball...

While I'm unlikely to attend a drag ball. I'm DEFINITELY not attending a ball drag... OUCH!

I live in a country that has the worlds largest gay Mardi Gras, I'm keeping my head down.

So for those keeping score at home, as of yesterday I parted ways with Stella Lights. Decided that I do bigger shows as a freelance light guy and I prefer doing shows over selling them. So yup, yesterday I signed off a contract for the sale of my gear and customer data and all that good stuff.

It was a fun run, but I'm ready to move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back