Rosco Swatchbook

I made my life easy, when I needed a couple extras for a school I just spoke to my dealer who was doing the install and I got one of Lee and one for Rosco right away. My real problem is with Apollo. If anybody else here gets the REQUEST PRODUCT INFORMATION emails from Stage Directions, PLSN, or FOH, you know that they give you an entire list of manufactures and companies that you can check off, and then they'll send you a bunch of info on that. Well I've done Apollo a few times, between their gels, gobos, gobo rotators, color scrollers, etc, but I quickly found out that they will never send specific info on a product, only the same catalog, swatch book, and gel-slide converter. Now I've got 2-3 spare Apollo books and catalogs, which I think I've been able to give them all away, but I might still have some extra stuff sitting around here still.

I like the slide converter that Apollo sent me. I used to only have an apollo Swatchbook, and i used it with that converter to pick colors out of a Rosco inventory at work. I now have all of the Swatchbooks. :grin:

If I have a show coming up, I'm **** sure not going to wait till the next LDI rolls around to pick color for it. So when Derek says I have to prove I'm going to buy a product before I get a swatch book to pick out what that product is....well it doesn't make good buisness sense.

Maybe I've missed something here, but have you asked your local dealer for swatch books? I know when I go into Barbizon they almost always have all the books behind the counter on a shelf.

Writing/calling the manufacturer isn't the way to go....the local sales folks are the ones that are focused on selling the stuff to you. You don't buy from Rosco or ETC, you buy from Barbizon, or Production Advantage, or BMI.

--Sean

I made my life easy, when I needed a couple extras for a school I just spoke to my dealer who was doing the install and I got one of Lee and one for Rosco right away. My real problem is with Apollo. If anybody else here gets the REQUEST PRODUCT INFORMATION emails from Stage Directions, PLSN, or FOH, you know that they give you an entire list of manufactures and companies that you can check off, and then they'll send you a bunch of info on that. Well I've done Apollo a few times, between their gels, gobos, gobo rotators, color scrollers, etc, but I quickly found out that they will never send specific info on a product, only the same catalog, swatch book, and gel-slide converter. Now I've got 2-3 spare Apollo books and catalogs, which I think I've been able to give them all away, but I might still have some extra stuff sitting around here still.

Thanks for your posting Mike-

When trade magazines send product request emails or place info request cards within a printed magazine, the manufacturers merely get an address with a name in which to send general info. If there are specific cut sheets or product data sheets needed by you, a quick email to us with your request is all that is needed. As most manufacturers will agree, sending every piece of literature (cut sheets, etc) to each request burns through quite a bit of paper and postage. We currently send a printed catalog containing all current products to each info card responder and will gladly send specific product info if we know what you desire. Just let us know by going to this link:
Apollo Design | Marketing Materials Request
OR
toss an email to [email protected]
OR simply call us toll-free at (800)266-4626.

(We like hearing from you!)

Thanks again Mike, and please let us know what you need-

I like the slide converter that Apollo sent me. I used to only have an apollo Swatchbook, and i used it with that converter to pick colors out of a Rosco inventory at work. I now have all of the Swatchbooks. :grin:
Seems almost unethical or immoral to use one manufacturers' sales tool for the purpose of selecting another. "I intend to buy a Ford, but I'm test-driving a Chevy."

I periodically pick up a swatch book or three from my local supplier, Cal Stage. Even though we are far from their biggest gel purchaser, they are always happy to give me gel swatch books when I'm there picking something else up. It's just good business on their part. While my show does not use a lot of gel, we do purchase the bulk of our lighting and effects equipment from them. Keeping us happy allows them to keep our business, as it would not be that difficult to travel another 30 miles to one of the plethora of suppliers in L.A. if I got annoyed with Cal Stage.

I periodically pick up a swatch book or three from my local supplier, Cal Stage. Even though we are far from their biggest gel purchaser, they are always happy to give me gel swatch books when I'm there picking something else up. It's just good business on their part. While my show does not use a lot of gel, we do purchase the bulk of our lighting and effects equipment from them. Keeping us happy allows them to keep our business, as it would not be that difficult to travel another 30 miles to one of the plethora of suppliers in L.A. if I got annoyed with Cal Stage.

CalStage is also nice to bratlings who don't plan on purchasing anything-- The first time I went in to request a Rosco book I got a tour of all their rental equipment, which was very cool for a then-beginning still-very-curious lighter.

When I requested my Lee swatch book, their website admits that they do not send the swatchbooks, and they forward the request to a more local dealer, so going to a supplier does have its perks. I'd recommend going to a store.

Anybody had trouble getting Stage Directions? I filled out their form like 3 months ago and they sent me an email saying the first issue would arrive in 4-6 weeks--- Haven't seen one yet. When I emailed them they refered me back to the website and I filled it out again (that was a couple of days ago). I'm hoping (fingers crossed) they send it this time.

Nope, I haven't... maybe try Re-Subscribing? Or shoot them an email.
Are you subscribed and receiving copies of PLSN or FOH (the "sister magazines")?

I got two gel swatchbooks from Lee in the mail yesterday (not sure why I got two packages, one said my name, the other said my name with "ONE" at the end. :?: ) and the packaging was very cool, though they didn't come with free gum, perf gel, or china marker like Kelite's! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back