Shure UHF-R vs. Audio Technica 5000

RyanBolitho

Anyone have experience with both or either?

I'm trying to see if the extra $1,000 + is worth it for Shure over AT.

I've used AT 3000 stuff for a while and don't think you can really beat the price to quality ratio there, but, when looking at pro grade stuff I'm wondering if it's worth the extra $$ to go with Shure.

Thanks,
Ryan

I love the Shure equipment. This sounds really nerdy, but it's "fun" to use. The receivers light up like a Christmas tree, lots of flashy lights to show signal and audio levels. Easy to use menus. To wireless workbench makes my job easy. The quality of both signal and audio is perfect. It's a very rugged receiver, and the body pack feels very solid also. They also come in a nice plastic care with foam inserts to keep everything safe and organized. I would buy more if my budget let me.

I was not happy with a AT rack that came inot our space with a community theater rental. That said, the problem could have been the lack of RF tuning and proper setup and not so much the equipment it self. I personaly love teh Sennheiser EW100-300 over the SHure SLX, but active working knowledge is limited for hte UHF-R series. AT feels "cheap" 3000 series felt and looked cheap, and wasn't as easy to set up IMHO. I prefer the menues on Sennheiser, or even the very simple menue/setup on the SHure SLX

At the Units your looking at though you're well into comparing actual apples to apples. I prefer the more blinking lights of the Shure (or I like my apples shiny)

Our local dealer (and church member) cannot deal Sennheiser, but if it's worth looking at I'm not completely against it. What series of their's is comparable?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back