Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

Peter said:
From the logo in the corner of the image, i would say it was Martin Show Designer.

Yep. Actually, it's a lite version that's installed with LightJockey. Even tho I don't use that software for everything, it's very easy to render stuff to e-mail to clients for demo purposes.

Nice pics everyone! Here's a link to my pic directory, not much, but not nothing! The show is Peter Pan. No pics of flying cuz if she's in the air I'm on the other end of the rope holding her up!

http://radman.freeserverhost.net/pics/Pan/

I must add, these are directly upluaded from the camera, so sorry for the multiples, and sorry for the bad focus. I did straight fail photo 1 3 grade periods in a row!

BTW I can upload some video clips if you'd like. You can see the flying.

Fixed it. Apparently its case sensitive.

Dracula
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

A Midsummer Night's Dream
proxy.php

proxy.php

Sorry about the size on those. I don't host the pictures online, it's from my director's site.

http://radman.freeserverhost.net/pics/

render.bmp

My first WYSIWYG render. It didn't turn out quite right, I want to redo the whole thing.

BTW It took like 8 hrs to render that iddy biddy thing, is that normal?

EDIT: LOL apparently when lights are aimed at other lights the beam passes through in the shaded view but in the render no such luck.

Foxinabox10,

Beautiful photos, the lighting looks GREAT, you should be very proud
of your work. I really like your looks. I love the lighting, everything is so warm and crisp with minimal shadows. Very impressed.

The_Guest,

Thank you very much.

Hey your wyg render of 8 hours is fast. to do a high quality render can take up to 20 hours or atlest i have found that.

you need to play with camera placement and size of the image

i usualy set it at 1024 by 768 thats about the perfect size.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/jonhirsh/WYSIWYG/51fb90cb.jpg

thats one of mine.

you just need to play with your settings use less fog set to 0% ambiant light unless thats what your going for. and make sure you select a full render and not a quick lo res render. which is what it looks like you did.

if you need help email me at [email protected]

JH

Thanks!
Nice pic btw.

len said:
Nice look. Did you consider using a frost for the spot? If you chose not to, can you say why?

I have done this a lot, on some shows I'll directly have them either tape a frost on the front or use Beamlights. On others I want the flexibility to use both so I'll run the frost into a color slot in the boomerang. Thisis good with "fantasy" moments where I can differenciate between them doing a really obvious followspot.

len said:
Nice look. Did you consider using a frost for the spot? If you chose not to, can you say why?

I have done this a lot, on some shows I'll directly have them either tape a frost on the front or use Beamlights. On others I want the flexibility to use both so I'll run the frost into a color slot in the boomerang. Thisis good with "fantasy" moments where I can differenciate between them doing a really obvious followspot.

About two weeks ago our church had a CD release night for our live youth album, EM1. (PM me if you would like a link to stream clips of the songs or purchase online, but I don't want to spam CB.) Anyway we had a pretty cool setup for it as we brought stuff in from our youth room as well as things we have in the main auditorium. For moving lights we had 4 Color Pro HX (not really movers, but I put them in the category), 4 Technobeams (2 w/iris), 2 Mac 500(e?), 2 Studio Color 575s, and 6 xSpots. It would have been 12 xSpots, but we just bought used, and 6 came damaged. Yellow Freight had them in the back of their truck bumping around in their road cases. Anyway lighting that night was controlled by an iPC. Here are a few pictures.
IM00403.jpg

That picture is from the catwalk looking down on the stage. The magenta/pink beams from the catwalk are the xSpots, the natural beams are from source 4s, the magenta on stage is the studio colors.
IM00392.jpg

Here is the stage from about the middle of the sound booth. The UV on the curtins behind the screen is from the color pros, the side UV lights are the studio colors. The movers shining yellow are the macs.
IM00391.jpg

This is 3 source 4 pars on each side of the truss.
IM00421.jpg

This one is from the monitor console which I was running. Because I was there I don't have any cool pictures from the event when an audience was there.

While I'm posting pictures I'll throw a few more out. Below is one from a normal youth service.
IM000747.jpg

Below is one from when we had a special speaker in for 3 nights. Once again 4 technos on the same truss. This time it was a printed banner instead of a screen with a projector.
IM000805.jpg

Heres a few photos from a dance show I designed over the summer.
didnt have any choice in lighting posititions or colours, since they were already chosen. (we were doing 8 show over the summer, plus stuff like this). though our invintory consisted of over 200 source fours, 100 pars, 6 studio spot 575s, and 3 studio colour 575s. all controlled by a Hog2PC.

keep in mind, I had two days to design the entire thing, I only saw the show once, and they actors only performed once in the light before the show.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13313399@N00/sets/1528157/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back