Is it possible to do this with an Ion?

agcraig

I have a few Mac 250 entours, plugged into my ion. For this one scene, my director wants me to have the lights cycle through their colors. Is it possible to make an effect that has the unit cycle through it's colors without going to no color? I'm really lost on this.

Without going through N/C it's a bit tricky. You have a 13 position color wheel, (1 is open) so what you would need to do is create an effect that when from position 2 on the wheel through position three, then back to position 2 again. I'd recommend starting by creating a color palette for each position on the wheel. Then you can create a step based effect with attributes Positive Bounce (I think, can't test right now) that had steps with the on state Color palette 1 through 12 (or whatever you choose). You might be able to do this easier as an absolute effect, not sure.

Edit: Actually, an even easier method: Two step effect. First is Wheel frame 2. Second is wheel frame 13. Set the time to whatever makes it look good, and go.

Last edited:
The simplest solution would be a linear ramp effect with time on one axis and color wheel on the other. Set the starting level a little above midway and scale a little less than 50 as a starting point and dial in those 2 parameters until the color covers the max range without slipping in to the open frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back