Lightweight Headset Recommendation

ScaredOfHeightsLD

Hi Everyone,
It's finally become time for me to get myself a nice lightweight headset for the tech table. I've done a bit of research and trolling the forums here and have come up with 2 options. Clear Com's CC26 and Telex's PH 88. Does anyone have experience with either of these and/or recommendations/reasons to avoid either? Any other ones I should be considering?
Thanks
-Mike

The big difference between those 2 is the Telex seems to have a vinyl-like lining on the earmuff compared to the Clearcom which is open-cell foam. My personal preference thus far has been the CC-26. I'm a sound guy though, so I have to be able to hear some ambient out of the ear with the headset on it.

I have a 7+ year old PH88 that is still going strong with pretty constant use. I like it...

I use a CC27, but because the earbud on the stock CC27 sucks, I chopped it off and soldered an 1/8" jack onto the cable near the 4pin XLR. Then, I plug my custom molded earbuds into the 1/8" jack. I also added a few zip-ties around the two cables to keep it neat when I throw it down my back. The only bad part is the dual-cable part, but I dress it up pretty nice, zip tied (loose, obviously), shrink wrapped, etc. :D

CC27-~150, 1/8" jack-2bucks and change.

:D

The earbud sucks? Just how much? Haha, i'm trying decide between a CC27 and a PH88.

It's your standard iPod style...if you will.

My biggest turn off from the other styles is the METAL top part over your head. It pulls and gets stuck in your hair, and I hate that more than I hated the earbud before I chopped it off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back