Students: Win a free ETC console for your School.

Can I just ask why ETC wouldn't have added the Gio to the list of prizes when it was announced? I think a bunch of people would so much rather have a Gio than Eos (IMHO). I know I would, but I guess who am I to argue if I want any of the consoles, huh?

Can I just ask why ETC wouldn't have added the Gio to the list of prizes when it was announced? I think a bunch of people would so much rather have a Gio than Eos (IMHO). I know I would, but I guess who am I to argue if I want any of the consoles, huh?

Probably because when this contest was started there were no Gio "B Stock" consoles

Last edited:
What the heck? The only entry appears to be CCM! I gotta figure something out for this. They do not need it, they have like 6 strong consoles. I heard they were buying a GrandMA2 next quarter! They have an Ion in the video for heaven's sake!

This is on!

What the heck? The only entry appears to be CCM! I gotta figure something out for this. They do not need it, they have like 6 strong consoles. I heard they were buying a GrandMA2 next quarter! They have an Ion in the video for heaven's sake!

This is on!

No, no you don't... :whistle::angel:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sounds to me like they're getting desperate for entries. :confused: From the Twitter:

The "Show Us Your ETC" challenge ends February 21, 2012.

A bird told me that they only had one entry... and it was not exactly what they were looking for. Those of you who have a leprecon 2 scene preset ducted taped to the wall.... throw and entry up... they have not closed it yet. You might be late, but better late then never. Its worth a shot.

wow you'd think that people would jump all over something like this, I mean they're giving it away... well after Footer's bird knowledge I may have to get my kids on making one, I know they'd love to win and we could certainly use a new board.

Sadly, it's not available outside of the US of A. I know of a lot of schools that would jump on it if they could...

Me and the other techs at my college are working on putting something together for this. We are hoping to have our idea set in stone when we have our meeting again on Friday.

My guess is that the majority of people that could use this the most, and actually be motivated to follow through this are the kids who have never heard of ETC, don't have competent staff for their theatre education beginnings, or students probably don't care enough because they are graduating soon (see earlier in thread). The other problem I have seen (from my limited view of the college world) is a lack of keeping up with the industry from professors and students in college, many don't seem to read the industry periodicals, websites, blogs even. Lastly, the image I think a lot of people, particularly these groups, see ETC for what it was, the same old instrument and consoles made for mostly conventional theatre. The young kids want to play with an MA1/2, a Hog, or don't care about the console because "that's for designers." They want fancy toys and big expensive consoles because thats all they see on TV and at the concerts they go to. I think to a lot of them, ETC isn't known, or it isn't sexy.

If I could enter, I would, even if just to support the wonderful company they still are. Sadly, I don't think I'll be seeing any of the local schools in the competition. Also, as someone looking at going back to school, I think it's sad that so few know about this or took the time to try and better their program (or motivate their students to do so). I sincerely hope ETC continues this program into the future, even if they don't receive the number of entries they had hoped for.

I would have made one in a heartbeat if I was involved with the school drama program where I am now... Of course they also have a Hog 3 so it would be kind of out of the ballpark... I also would have made one if it wasnt only for students...

I plan on entering this the next few works for the high school I work at. Would I have CBs support with voting?

There is still almost a month left to submit entries. Generally speaking, the target age range is notorious for waiting until the last second to submit anything. If there is one thing my Stagecraft and Intro to Theatre students have taught me over the years is that the vast majority of students will wait until very near the deadline to submit anything, no matter how simple or difficult the task / assignment is. I would expect this is the case here.

~Dave

There is still almost a month left to submit entries. Generally speaking, the target age range is notorious for waiting until the last second to submit anything. If there is one thing my Stagecraft and Intro to Theatre students have taught me over the years is that the vast majority of students will wait until very near the deadline to submit anything, no matter how simple or difficult the task / assignment is. I would expect this is the case here.

~Dave

*Cough* that never happens *cough* :whistle:

...If there is one thing my Stagecraft and Intro to Theatre students have taught me over the years is that the vast majority of students will wait until very near the deadline to submit anything, ...
Way to condemn an entire class of students there, DaveySimps.:rolleyes: Look at it a different way--perhaps they're just practicing to be future designers. When is the last time a light plot, rendering, set model, or shop drawings were submitted on time, or <gasp>< gasp > early?</gasp>

Last edited:
Way to condemn an entire class of students there, DaveySimps.:rolleyes: Look at it a different way--perhaps they're just practicing to be future designers. When is the last time a light plot, rendering, set model, or shop drawings were submitted on time, or <gasp>< gasp > early?</gasp>

You can submit those things on time? And what is this early thing you speak of?;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back