Post your FOH pictures

blsmn said:
The_Guest said:
blsmn,

Is that a KT DN360 EQ in the first pic?

Good eye :) It is a DN360 - it was a little different kind of beast to get a handle on after working mostly with Rane gear for awhile prior to purchasing it, but I think it really is a lot warmer (there's that nasty little subjective word again) than what I had been used to. I am getting in a DN370 within the next couple weeks to demo - it looks real interesting, especially the sweepable notch filters on each channel. Looking forward to trying it out...

Yeah, sorry I had to know. I'm impressed, it's rare to see klark gear in a high school. I'm a big fan of KT processing, the DN360 is very warm and it's well built. I like the sturdiness of the faders, buttons, and knobs. While it's very surgical and precise, it still sounds musical and naturally. But, you're right these are differently a difference beast in handling. Particularly if you're used to the surgical style similar to rane. I myself started on dbx gear, and I was shocked at how response the klarks were. I tended to overcut and overboost when ringing out with my first few times on the KT. The DN360 is a fine peice of gear. BTW, when you get a change, tell me about your demo with the DN370.

gremlin1287, is that a lehigh dimming millenium light board? i know that this is the sound forum, but i just had to ask about that one...

I'm new here... thought I'd take a sec to post pics of our FOH setup and booth...

proxy.php

Looking up at the booth from the auditorium.

proxy.php

Our light board. It's some form of an ETC Express. I think it's a 24/48. Not too sure, I'm a sound tech.

proxy.php

Our affectionately named "Uni." It controls the lights when the board's off. Sort of slow response from when you touch the screen to when it works, though.

proxy.php

Our computer. Brand new as of a few months ago, it's an iMac G5. 2 GHz, with 512 MB RAM and a 160 GB hard drive. We upgraded from a Blue & White G3 (that had a G4 in it). This is the first computer that Drama has purchased. The ones before it have been brought in by techies for their use.

proxy.php

Sound board! It's a um, Spirit Live something or other. This is bad... I don't know model names, yet I'm experienced with tech. Ergh. 24 XLR channels, two stereo inputs (1/4"), 4 Group outs, and 6 Aux outs.

proxy.php

The rack of sound gear. Let's see... power distros, Telex wireless crap (and I mean crap), Personal PA system (also crap). Denon CD player and tape deck (not too bad), compressors/limiters, etc. It all works, can't complain.

proxy.php

Bottom half of the rack. Amps, and lots of 'em. All Crown.

proxy.php

We have two of these JBL monitor speakers in the booth.

proxy.php

Yep, we've decorated the rack. Gotta love it.

So there's our setup... enjoy![/img]

Looks to me like an ETC Express 48/96. Since your just the sound tech, want to snag that and mail it to me??

YAY! Apple Power! Gotta Love the Apple gear!

icebook1 said:
proxy.php

Our computer. Brand new as of a few months ago, it's an iMac G5. 2 GHz, with 512 MB RAM and a 160 GB hard drive. We upgraded from a Blue & White G3 (that had a G4 in it). This is the first computer that Drama has purchased. The ones before it have been brought in by techies for their use.[/img]

[edited by mbenonis to be dial-up friendly]

Last edited by a moderator:
It is an Express 48/96. 48 2-scene or 96 one-scene, with 24 submasters (that little extra row down to the left). The sound board is a Soundcraft Spirit Live 4^2 (4-squared) 24 ch board. I can tell too much from pics.

I know too much about lights AND sound. a.k.a. I spend too much time on here and on manufacturer's websites.

Those are nice monitor speakers!!

soundlight said:
It is an Express 48/96. 48 2-scene or 96 one-scene, with 24 submasters (that little extra row down to the left). The sound board is a Soundcraft Spirit Live 4^2 (4-squared) 24 ch board. I can tell too much from pics.

I know too much about lights AND sound. a.k.a. I spend too much time on here and on manufacturer's websites.

Those are nice monitor speakers!!
Thanks soundlight. I almost posted the sound board's model name, but fear of getting it wrong kept me from typing it. Thank you for clarifying about the light board. I do know how to run the board (fairly well, too), but I never really paid much attention to its model number.

And yes, the monitor speakers are really nice. They sound great with just about anything.

I just cleaned up my booth this week, so I'll probably take some pics as soon as we get our new (to us at least, it's already about 6 or 7 years old) Colortran Encore console installed. Good stuff. I'm hoping to get monitors in our booth this year, even though it is a "glassless" booth, open to the house. This is lousy since you have to talk really quietly on the radios. And the radios are lousy junk anyway, so you have to talk loud enough, so we really need glass.

here... he's the joke of the HS auditorium...

the captions are probably wrong... but the pics are there... built in 1936...

www.shsauditorium.blogspot.com

the pictures don't do it justice... like the downstairs portion... we believe there was originaly a trap in the stage and such things... i don't have pic's of the blue prints though...

Well, since I just got a new toy, and I'm happy, I'd figure I would post my FOH, and when I say "my FOH," I own it :)

proxy.php

Mixers and Racks.

proxy.php

RAMSA WR 4416. I got this for pretty good deal today, and it works great. And I'm loving the long faders.

proxy.php

Processing Gear

Hey, we have the 24 channel version of that Ramsa board at school. It's given us plenty of headaches in the 4 years I've been there.

I also got some new equipment for my gear. Here's some new pics (click for larger pics

My Onyx 1620, and DFX-12

My rack and iMac. The mac crapped out on me, so it doesn't work anymore. Also one of my guitars and their efx

And a close up of my rack. Notice both channels on the compressor working, while the EQ only has one channel working. I'm never buying Behringer again. I a DBX Driverack on the way to replace it.

Finnally, one of my speakers. Nice JBL's. SR4722's I believe.

My Rental FOH

Well, I don't have any pics of my FOH, because I keep changing it! Anyway, I'm hoping to get something put on the company website or something (I work for Warehouse Sound, a big budget supplier, lol), I'll notify you if I do.

Rite, for a small gig, I'll be using at FOH

1x 2l Bottle - Barr Irn Bru :wink:

1x Midas Venice 240

1x XTA GQ 600 Dual Channel Graphic EQ
2x XTA C2 Digital Dual Compressor
2x BSS DPR502 Dual Gate
2x Yamaha SPX990 Effects Unit
(All that's in my 'Special FOH Rack with Litelite Racklight :p '
1x Laptop running 'Rope C' to control the D12s
1x Single Sony CD Player (That I've owned since I was 12 :D )

Sometimes Radio mics, we use Shure U4 Recievers. Depending on the range I'll have those at FOH

4x D&B C7 Subs
2x D&B C7 Tops
3x D&B D12 Amps

I don't often do lights, except at school where I've got a Zero88 Sirius 24 lurking about. That lives up at FOH with dimmer city and whatever other stuff I've got floating about!

Do you chaps tend to leave your mixers, lighting desks etc in their flightcases? I've noticed the 'Lighting Teacher :roll: ' doesn't.

Thanks! Jonathan

What problems have you had with the ramsa? I've used the same board I have in a studio, and I've loved it.

BTW, check ebay for the dbx 231, I bought one a few weeks ago for $130 used/new, which is the same price as the equivelant behringer. I'll probably use my behringer EQs for light-duty monitor applications.

some of our channels have crapped out on us, the EQ doesn't work very well, and whoever installed it did a bad job. Now that I really look at it, it seems more like our whole system is at fault.

I thought about the 231, but i want the ability to bi-amp the speakers down the road, which the driverack will let me do, plus the driverack can also auto EQ the room, giving me a good starting point.

soundlight said:
gremlin1287, is that a lehigh dimming millenium light board? i know that this is the sound forum, but i just had to ask about that one...

going way back here...

Yep thats a lehigh millenium...I will keep my opinions to myself for another six months, then after I graduate I will divulge my opinion on that piece of equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back