Safety?

when safety comes first you cannot do your job safety is a priority yes but when safety always comes first you cannot do a job correctly or on time. that is what i am saying its not saying safety should be once in a while safety is always a requirement but when safety is your first and only priority it starts becoming like the auto industry and all the unions who are complaining about something that really should be taken care of by the individual technician, my example of wearing hard hats while anything is moving over head is a prime example of what should not happen unless there is extreme specific scenarios.

I still believe that several people are misunderstanding me, I will never climb to a falling height without wearing proper safety gear meaning if there are no guard rails or if i will be working outside of the guard rails i will wear a harness and safety cord at all times. When I am hanging lights i attach the safety cables at all times. I'm just stating that safety is a priority probably 2nd on the list right after getting a job completed on time, when i go to shows in an education setting and they have had to rush something in the end because opening night is one night away it looks terrible, but if you look at some of the shows over in india or even in the uk when they have a crew dedicated to the show not themselves it comes out a hell of a lot better. When safety becomes number 1 on the list everything suffers. I am not saying standard safety should not be used. going up in a lift and hanging lights, and not going back down to move it is one of those things that its standard safety and should be done every time. but having everyone wear a hard hat while something is being flown, or shutting off an entire sound system to hook up a microphone is also way out of the way when it comes to "safety".

What i am trying to say is no safety is bad, but too much safety is even worse. so where is the middle ground? thats what i am asking and attempting to state.

The most commonly ignored safety measure that I've heard of is a lack of safety cables. Seriously, it's around a buck per cable and adds about 5 to 10 seconds to the process of hanging/striking a fixture, and it could save a $400 leko and possibly a life in the event of a clamp failure, etc.

Also, when working on a catwalk with guardrails on both sides, it seems overkill to wear a fall arrest device. The chances of a fall are virtually non-existent when common sense is used in hanging, etc.

Safety must come before anything else in theatre, assuming that reasonable measures are taken and risks assessed.

The most commonly ignored safety measure that I've heard of is a lack of safety cables. Seriously, it's around a buck per cable and adds about 5 to 10 seconds to the process of hanging/striking a fixture, and it could save a $400 leko and possibly a life in the event of a clamp failure, etc.

That one is absolutely critical... recently I took down a fresnel (from a flown electric!) that had no safety cable, a badly cracked lens, and was missing the bolt in its clamp. Somehow I don't think a power cable is quite rated for the shock load of a falling instrument.

I'm just stating that safety is a priority probably 2nd on the list right after getting a job completed on time, when i go to shows in an education setting and they have had to rush something in the end because opening night is one night away it looks terrible

This is what you're getting wrong. (reasonable) Safety is never second. Especially when a show is already behind schedule and you're trying to catch up. Look at the second news post on the front page if you disagree.

Link for posterity

I'd rather it be late and rough around the edges than have a safety incident.

Unnecessary measures taken in the name of safety are skipped because they are unnecessary, not because the show is late. All other safety measures are never skipped.

A couple of "points to ponder."
First, after working without cut-resistant gloves for ~3 weeks (much longer for people who were there before me), the company I was working for (not a theatre) decided we all needed to wear cut-resistant gloves effectively all the time. Problem was, the new, resistant, gloves were actually LESS resistant to being cut than the old ones that the company also provided. So, do we wear the new gloves and risk a cut or do we wear the old gloves and risk getting laid off / fired? (I was working as an electrician and we had to use a knife a lot to strip large-gauge cables).
Second, OSHA wants cut-resistant gloves when working around tools that may cut the user. Does this include scissors? If so, does this mean that each time I use my leatherman to trim a string off a costume I need to find cut-resistant gloves? Seems a bit of overkill to me.
I am not saying safety should be ignored, but I wonder if sometimes we go too far.

I think a lot of people are missing the point here, I am not saying when hanging lights never wear a harness. In your example were you on a truss or where you actually in a catwalk with railings and or walls? different scenarios mean different actions. I am not saying you should not wear a harness when hanging lights in a catwalk I am just stating being on a truss and being in a catwalk are two different forms of light placements. Your story is enlightening as it shows that safety should be kept at all times, was the bottom man wearing a hard hat? If i remember correctly i was taught if anything over head is being worked on you should ALWAYS wear a helmet. this is the kind of thing i am refering to not an obvious do not do, such as what i saw at a life light concert, but i won't go into that.

the point of this thread is not to say safety shouldn't be thought of, just that it shouldn't always be first, if safety were first at all times, there would be no hanging lights, there would be no set pieces, there would be no actors on stage, or audience members in the audience at 100% of all venues.

This thread just is a discussion of when safety is required at all times such as hanging lights at any height above 4'. not to mention how many times you've walked in a mall or a store and seen some water rot tiles on the ceiling whats to say an electrician didn't leave a wrench up there after installing conduit? what happens when that tile breaks and that wrench comes crashing down? this is just an example of where safety and keeping an eye out would be better.

No DuckJorden, we're not missing your point. We're telling you that you're wrong! Based on your stubborn refusal to see the point that so many of us have made in this thread, it seems obvious that just like me, you're going to have to learn your lesson about the importance of safety the hard way.

Safety First! Safety Last! Safety Always!

What do I mean by this?

Safety First: Before you even start a job you should consider how to do the job safely. For instance when hanging lights, before I even begin I make sure all my lights have safety cables.

Safety Last: When you're finished with a job, you should still be thinking about safety. Double check your work and ask yourself if there is anything you forgot. For instance, when I'm done hanging lights, I double check all my fixtures to make sure they all have safety cables just in case I missed one.

Safety Always: While you're doing the work, you should be thinking about how to do the job safely. Going back to the hanging lights example, while hanging lights I make sure that each light I hang has a safety cable in use. I may have missed one or two in my pre-hang check.

For much of what we do in this industry, there is no way to make things 100% safe. There will always be an inherent danger in working at heights. But we can take steps to reduce that danger to acceptable levels. When I work on live electrical panels I am required to wear certain protective gear: EH rated foot wear, all cotton clothing, a Nomex jump suit, rubber gloves that meet arc flash hazard category one or two standards (depending on the panel), cotton glove liners, leather glove protectors over the rubber gloves, safety glasses, ear plugs, and a hard hat with an electrically rated visor. I'm also required to remove my watch and any jewelry, though the second really isn't an issue as I don't wear jewelry anyway. Wearing all this safety equipment is awkward and makes working on a panel a lot harder, usually tripling the amount of time it takes to get the job done due to a loss of dexterity in my hands. Even at that, it can take longer to put on all this safety equipment than it does to actually do the work on the panel. But using this equipment properly gives me a much greater chance of coming out of an arc flash incident alive and in one piece by buying me half a second or so to get out of the path of the arc flash.

My fall didn't just teach me to be safe in my climbing, but to learn, understand, and follow the safety rules in all my duties. I can only hope that when you have your eye opening experience, you come out of it better than I did after mine. After nearly a decade of living with chronic pain issues, I can assure you it's not fun. And yet I still consider myself extremely lucky. Given the nature of my accident, I should not be walking, talking and breathing today.

Safety shouldn't always be first? I have to disagree. Safety should always come first. What I do think, though, is that sometimes "safety" is taken to a ridiculous degree. With sensible assessing of risk and the appropriate management of those risks, safety doesn't need to be prohibitive to day-to-day work, which it can sometimes do. For instance, in my venue, a lot of the time we have to rig lights off ladders (bars don't fly and often the sets prohibit getting the scaff tower in) but we always have one person up the ladder and one running ground support for them; lanterns are roped up and never carried up the ladder and if anyone is having a day where they don't feel up to climbing then they're put on another job. In my view, that's still making safety a priority but not letting it get in the way of the job. If you're sensible about it, safety can and should be the first priority.

Kiwitechgirl, you bring up a very good point here, which would make for a far more productive discussion than whether or not safety should always be the number one priority. That is the question of whether or not certain safety rules take things too far and in fact create an unsafe work environment. I have on occasion, refused to obey certain safety rules because I felt that following that particular rule would place my life at unnecessary risk. That said, my employer would have been well within their rights to fire me for my refusal to follow safety rules. Some rules are specific to a certain venue. Some insist that their techs wear hardhats. Others do not. The rules are there for a reason, even if that reason is as simple as because the venue says so.

Last edited:
Safety First! Safety Last! Safety Always!
proxy.php

Kiwitechgirl, you bring up a very good point here, which would make for a far more productive discussion than whether or not safety should always be the number one priority. That is the question of whether or not certain safety rules take things too far and in fact create an unsafe work environment. I have on occasion, refused to obey certain safety rules because I felt that following that particular rule would place my life at unnecessary risk.
Indeed. In my previous line of work, I was legally exempted from wearing a seatbelt. However, policy dictated that we wear a seatbelt whenever we were in a moving vehicle. While some grumbled (mostly just the idiots and the knobs), I wore my belt at least 98% of the time or better. Seat belts save lives!

One day, we got a new piece of gear, a 2-seater ATV thing-a-ma-bob. Perfect for getting into places it is hard to drive a conventional vehicle. The problem arose from the fact that the ATV thingy had seatbelts, but no roll bar. Thus creating the possibility that should the **** thing tip, anyone belted in wouldn't be able to jump clear and thus face being crushed.

So, in this situation, are you actually safer wearing a seatbelt? Probably not.

Management, in a rare instant of lucidity, gave the ATV a exemption from the seatbelt policy until a proper rollbar was installed.

The attitude of the original post is one of hubris. One must work safely so that one can continue to work. You want to go home at the end of the day. Your family and friends want you hame at the end of the day, too.

The statement that “when safety comes first you cannot do your job” is fiction. One only has to see the signs at factories stating (proudly) the number of days without accidents or lost time injuries. These places are doing their jobs right.

Plenty of other industries get the job done safely and right, thank you.

Never forget the price of ignoring safety:

Weekly Reports of Fatalities, Catastrophes, and Other Events

Joe

I'm just stating that safety is a priority probably 2nd on the list right after getting a job completed on time, when i go to shows in an education setting and they have had to rush something in the end because opening night is one night away it looks terrible, but if you look at some of the shows over in india or even in the uk when they have a crew dedicated to the show not themselves it comes out a hell of a lot better. When safety becomes number 1 on the list everything suffers.

Everything might suffer except the technician whose life has been saved by the safety rules. Which, to me, is far more important. And I'm not sure what you're basing your statements about the UK on - I worked over there for two years and they take safety to the nth degree. While generally I do care if the show looks terrible, if the look of it has been sacrificed so that no-one got hurt, then that's absolutely fine. Sometimes I think that we in theatre (rock 'n roll is a bit different) forget that what we're actually doing is just adult dress-ups and really, no-one deserves to get hurt or die because of that.

I do also agree with cdub and cprted's point that sometimes safety can be taken too far and "safety" rules can create danger rather than removing it, and in that kind of case, then I'd agree that the technician should use their discretion. H&S "jobsworths" who don't understand how theatre works and place all sorts of rules and restrictions on how we work do more harm than they do good. But, I maintain my earlier point: with sensible risk assessment and appropriate managing of those risks, safety can and should be top priority without influencing the work to be done.

Safety is an interesting topic in our business. I go back to the mid seventies when safety wasn't a big consideration but as the years pass it has been become much more prelavent. You don't want to know what violations I have committed over the years but as I was taught years ago, experience is a word use for our mistakes. I agree that in any job you have to consider safety first. The problem is too many people don't understand the codes and why certain standards are ther so put policies in place that make no sense.
There is absolutely no reason to wear PPE when on a properly handrailed catwalk. If you leave the confines for any reason you need to put you belt on. One of the aspects of the safety code that gets forgotten is training. Anyone that makes policy or works in a job that is dangerous should be trained. You can't stick a belt on a guy and send him on a truss. You can't expect a guy to be able to run a fork or lift without proper training. As one poster said, the areas requiring PPE seemed arbitary, this because whoever made the rules lacked the training to make the rules. I agree that I would prefer to fall a foot instead of a full ripout lanyard but there is a reason why it is required.
A professional should know how long a job should take and how much safety requirements will add to it and will allow for it when figuring a task. Any task that requires fall protection requires an extraction plan. I just installed 20 temp planks and horizontal protection for them all. Before I could use them, I had to have a written plan to rescue an injured rigger and my riggers had to be trained to use the system and know the rescue plan. An unconcious person can actually die hanging in a belt if left too long. If you can move your limbs then you should be OK but once you can't you need to be rescued quickly. Quicker than most first responders can make.

Safety is an interesting topic in our business. I go back to the mid seventies when safety wasn't a big consideration but as the years pass it has been become much more prelavent. You don't want to know what violations I have committed over the years but as I was taught years ago, experience is a word use for our mistakes. I agree that in any job you have to consider safety first. The problem is too many people don't understand the codes and why certain standards are ther so put policies in place that make no sense.
There is absolutely no reason to wear PPE when on a properly handrailed catwalk. If you leave the confines for any reason you need to put you belt on. One of the aspects of the safety code that gets forgotten is training. Anyone that makes policy or works in a job that is dangerous should be trained. You can't stick a belt on a guy and send him on a truss. You can't expect a guy to be able to run a fork or lift without proper training. As one poster said, the areas requiring PPE seemed arbitary, this because whoever made the rules lacked the training to make the rules. I agree that I would prefer to fall a foot instead of a full ripout lanyard but there is a reason why it is required.
A professional should know how long a job should take and how much safety requirements will add to it and will allow for it when figuring a task. Any task that requires fall protection requires an extraction plan. I just installed 20 temp planks and horizontal protection for them all. Before I could use them, I had to have a written plan to rescue an injured rigger and my riggers had to be trained to use the system and know the rescue plan. An unconcious person can actually die hanging in a belt if left too long. If you can move your limbs then you should be OK but once you can't you need to be rescued quickly. Quicker than most first responders can make.

A few years ago a guy was focusing lights from a one-man Genie. In a futile attempt to have an added safety measure, he wore a harness while in the lift, which he secured to the electrics he was focusing from. My guess is that his harness gave him a false sense of security and so he acted more dangerously while in the lift.

This is a fallacy that people suffer from regularly. The roads are pretty icy this time of year and we see a lot of people driving four-wheel drive trucks like they can handle any terrain. What they fail to realize is that FWD makes them less likely to spin out only until they use it as an excuse to drive more recklessly. As push comes to shove, they then find out the hard way that FWD doesn't provide any help when you're trying to stop on ice. As a result, I see just as many people with FWD in getting into accidents this time of year as I see drivers of sedans driving off the road.

So with his false sense of security, this stagehand is leaning out of the bucket ([sarcasm]remember he's safer because of his harness[/sarcasm]) when the lift tips over. When the lift went over, his legs were caught in the bucket and both were snapped like toothpicks. As the lift came crashing down, he was suspended with his harness still, some 30' in the air gushing blood with what's left of his legs dangling, bones completely visible. A bad situation gone horribly worse, nobody had the key to operate the motorized winches supporting the electrics so it took some 5 minutes to get the key, meanwhile he's still bleeding out.

"But he survived, so that makes what he did correct, right?" Not in the slightest. Wearing a harness was more dangerous than not. With his legs tangled in the bucket, that also puts a heavy dynamic load on the electrics -- probably much more than is ever remotely safe. Let's not forget, his body then becomes the weakest link in the chain between the force of the lift falling over and the electric trying to keep him suspended. Those lifts weigh roughly 1000lbs to begin with, plus it was gaining momentum as it tipped. The purpose of using the harness was inappropriate, the object he secured to was inappropriate, and he probably was acting more reckless as he was putting faith into the harness being his failsafe plan.

Safety is always a priority. Being "overly-safe" doesn't make something dangerous, it's an inappropriate estimation of how safe something might be that masks how dangerous something actually is.

This scenario is why, in a scissor lift, OSHA doesn't require you to have a harness on when working on the platform. The moment you step onto the rims around the platform and lean over the edge you need to have a harness on, to which (at least in Genie lifts) harness attachment points are provided. Securing to the lift is considered appropriate in that case because generally in a scissor lift if you reach a point where the lift is going to topple over, you're already unequivocally screwed. If you follow the manufacturer's specs, the lift won't fall over. If you are in a situation where the lift falls over and you go with it, that is purely your own fault.

There's no such thing as being "too safe." There's safe and then there's dangerous.

Last edited:
You ae not supposed to wear a harness working in a single man lift or scissor lift. As so aptly proven by the previous story, you should never safety yourself outside the lift to a fixed point.
There is a certification called a competently trained person which I hold. This person determines what safety measures need to be used in a given situation. The OSHA code reconizes there are times when you simply can't follow the guidelines. This is when the CTP steps in and decides what to do and how to do it.
I don't care what classes you taken or what certs you have or your experience level, there is always more to learn.

I'm just stating that safety is a priority probably 2nd on the list right after getting a job completed on time, ...
...When safety becomes number 1 on the list everything suffers.

You need to be stating that safety is the priority. Period. End of sentence, thought, and story. Safety FIRST, safety LAST, safety ALWAYS.

"Getting a job completed on time" is just like the false thinking trap we get into that "the show must go on". It is absolutely not true if there is even a hint of a safety concern. What happens if you have to hold doors for 5 minutes because you took an extra couple minutes to be sure something was done right and safely? Nothing, except you open doors a little late. (Warning, this may be shocking!) The world is not going to come to an end!

However, you likely won't open the doors at all if someone gets killed or seriously injured.

And like cdub said, No we're not missing your point. We're telling you that you're wrong!

I Guess i didn't state myself clearly, I meant Unreasonable Safety such as a harness on a properly installed catwalk with guard rails and no chance of leaning out or over the side of such catwalk... I am sorry for the miss understanding... I guess i failed to mention that it was Unreasonable safety procedures that i was referring to.

still the point exists from earlier when does safety become unreasonable?

also my experience comes from high school level theater, 12 shows in which the only accidents that have ever happened were a few minor cuts fixed with a band aid. I noticed in my earlier posts i was stating that safety isn't a priority, it is but so is doing a good job, so when you say rushing we never rush since we have about a month and a half for a show to come together. i'm sure other jobs in the industry will change my opinion drastically but from what i have seen in the high school level unless your doing something really stupid your not going to get hurt... especially since the highest point you can fall off of is a weight floor which has properly secured gaurd rails and for no reason what-so-ever should you have to climb on them, is about 50' off the ground which could kill you but again unless your doing something extremely stupid in our theater your not going to get hurt as all our electrics fly down to be focused, and the cat walk has a full walkway hallway with a cut out on the house wall to hang the lights.

I guess it narrows down to me with this, in my experience at one building, which i have read to be really really limited, (i know i state this a lot) unless we do something really stupid we aren't going to get hurt.

Last edited:
I Guess i didn't state myself clearly, I meant Unreasonable Safety such as a harness on a properly installed catwalk with guard rails and no chance of leaning out or over the side of such catwalk... I am sorry for the miss understanding... I guess i failed to mention that it was Unreasonable safety procedures that i was referring to.

still the point exists from earlier when does safety become unreasonable?

I guess it narrows down to me with this, in my experience at one building, which i have read to be really really limited, (i know i state this a lot) unless we do something really stupid we aren't going to get hurt.

I think that you did make yourself (over the various posts) quite clear in your opinion. The problem is, are you qualified to make the determination of what is an "unreasonable safety" rule? Based on the description of your experience, I would say no.

Are there sometimes regulations put in place that may or may not make the situation difficult or potentially adding a hazard? Yes. As has been said, sometimes the policy makers are not experts and potentially make incorrect judgement to try to protect their assets (you and other technicians as well as the benefactors of the facility). The problem exists in the training. You may not fully understand the risks involved and so deem a situation not needing the safety measures and risk injury. Just because a catwalk has handrails may not mean that you are safe. You say that as long as you aren't being really stupid then you are safe. That's wrong, because you may not be able to determine all the risks, which I'm not going to list all the possibilities.

Yes, many accidents happen because people are being stupid. On the other hand, many accidents happen to people just because they were in a hurry and didn't fully assess the situation. If you find that a situation may seem dangerous by following standard safety procedures at your facility, speak with your instructor and find out if that situation can be evaluated. There's always the possibility that some regulation is no longer necessary due to other measures being taken, but the regulation was never ammended. That happens. In the discussions in previous threads, there have been a variety of points brought up that may seem contradictory or to strict, but that doesn't mean that they are not valid. This is why a qualified risk manager is needed for every facility and proper training is needed for every technician who works in that facility. In road house venues, it is usually written into the contract to have facility staff on hand during the entire process. This is because there is no way to have all of the incoming staff trained on the risks of the facility prior to load-in, so the in house staff provides supervision.

Don't think that we're just a bunch of old fogies who are too afraid to do our jobs that we have to make up rules for everyone to follow. If you have a question, ask, but ask the person who can make the judgement call. Never assume.

Being a High School Tech it is vital that you learn the right safety procedures before you go out into the Great Big World. The procedures may seem "silly" to you at your venue, but there are a gazillion and one reasons why they aren't silly or a waste of time.

When my venue is pushing to get a show up, one of my biggest weaknesses is that I start to want to cut corners to make my days and hit my schedules. I constantly have to remind myself of why I CAN'T do that (Safety First and Setting the Right Example Second).

As others have already mentioned no gig is worth getting hurt (or worse) over.

You mentioned that if you follow safety rules you can't get your job done. That means either you haven't been trained properly, or you don't have the right supervision. Or you schedules are un-realistic.

Remember, yeah, they may seem silly and time wasters to you, BUT THEY ARE NOT. The Safety Rules & Guidelines are put in place so you don't hurt yourself, or others. When (and if) you do more Real World gigs, you'll find that out pretty fast.

... I will never climb to a falling height without wearing proper safety gear meaning if there are no guard rails or if i will be working outside of the guard rails i will wear a harness and safety cord at all times...

When you say a "falling height" do you only mean a lack of guard rails? Or are you also implying a certain height above the deck? Whilst I can only speak for the situation in the UK, anything above the floor is considered working at height, literally anything, so if I'm standing on that toolbox or box of paper to reach something, I'm working at height (and for what its worth I do know several people who have fallen off a toolbox and had back injuries lasting them several years). The last time I had Working At Height training, we were told that the majority of falls from above 6 feet are fatal. Period. (That also isn't to say that falls from under 6 feet aren't fatal). From the way your post was worded, I would question whether or not you are qualified to decide what that height limit is.

... safety is a priority probably 2nd on the list right after getting a job completed on time, when i go to shows in an education setting and they have had to rush something in the end because opening night is one night away it looks terrible, but if you look at some of the shows over in india or even in the uk when they have a crew dedicated to the show not themselves it comes out a hell of a lot better. When safety becomes number 1 on the list everything suffers.

I can't speak for India, but being a professional working in the UK, I strongly resent the suggestion that we are not as safe as you (and also to our safety record being compared to that of a third world country). If you don't have time to do the job safely, then you are not doing the job right. Indeed I am aware of several UK venues, where everyone does have to wear a hard hat every time something is flown and the solution isn't as simple as "teach everyone the meaning of 'heads'", if you're standing under something and it falls, how much time do you have to react to someone shouting the other side of the room?

Doing a job safely does not mean doing it slowly, and I would also pose the question to you of whether it is faster to get your crew to spend five minutes putting on harnesses in the morning (regardless of whether you are already doing this, it's an example) or calling 999/911, getting paramedics to come and take your friend who is now bleeding out of his ears with severe cerebral compression to hospital, cleaning up the area, filling out accident reports, reporting it to the government under RIDDOR (again, UK legislation, but just as an example), oh yeah and then trying to carry on working knowing that you might have just watched your best friend die; you can always be comforted knowing that he might live, though probably with a spinal injury meaning he can never walk, move or go to the toilet again.

We all have days where we're pushed to the limit and have half the amount of time we need to get things done, but if you use that as an excuse for cutting corners when it comes to safety, then I don't want you in my theatre (and will NEVER employ you to work for my current company); furthermore I don't want you in any theatre, if you think that cutting safety out is acceptable I don't want you in the position where you can make others think it is acceptable, or even just bring those who work in theatre's into disrepute when you lead to the serious injury of yourself or those around you.

I can only think that what you were trying to say was:

"[-]no[/-] too much safety is bad, but [-]too much [/-] no safety is [-]even[/-] much much much much much much worse. so where is the middle ground? thats what i am asking and attempting to state"
And if that is what you were trying to say, then I think lots of people would agree with you, but as it is, I think I have to agree with :

I never want to work with you.

as i see all of your posts you are saying the same thing that i want to cut out all safety from my theater that is not the case i don't have any disputes with the safety codes of our school its a discussion thread not an actual example everything i have stated about my school or as examples are hypothetical we do not wear hard hats in our venue nor have we ever been required to. hell gloves are optional on our fly rail which i believe is a stupid idea. also in a high school setting the only people with access to heights or any kind of electrical equipment next to outlets at ground level are people who have keys and training. this is a public school so safety is a huge deal. I am tired of people ASSUMING i mean to take safety out of the picture, but when i see several threads about how (not on this forum) you should always wear Rubber soles when plugging in any standard electric outlet it tells me that my generation obviously shouldn't be working with anything remotely hazardous in anyway because they can't or don't have the common sense to not stick a fork in a socket.

I am in no way saying is not a huge priority and i guess people aren't understanding how i am stating it or they don't think about it they read it and just immediatly come to the conclusion if safety isn't first it isn't there. I never rush into a job without thinking first what could happen. Also to clarify working at heights I meant anything over 4 inches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back