Control/Dimming Teatronics rack

drankin

We have a Teatronics MD288 from 1990. We replaced it several years ago and moved it to our black box. It had been configured for AMX and we changed it to DMX. Worked fine. We just moved it to our new black box and fired it up. It worked but the channels were out of order. I called their tech support and they had me change the address wheels. That made them worse. Now one channel might bring up 3 dimmers in different phases. Tech support didn't know what EPROMs we had. They haven't called back. I've experimented with different addresses and most channels now work but in random order. Does anyone know what the addresses might be for each of the three control boards?

Some systems are sensitive to the sequence of the 3 phase service. If there is not any kind of internal switch setting on the control modules (not the DMX address wheels), an electrician may have to reverse two of the three feeders.

Some systems are sensitive to the sequence of the 3 phase service. If there is not any kind of internal switch setting on the control modules (not the DMX address wheels), an electrician may have to reverse two of the three feeders.
Our new facility is 120/240. I think they wired it to share a leg. We are only using 40 of the 96 dimmers. Most are 500-750w loads.

I think this is the root of your problem; the control modules could be getting "mixed up" as to where the zero-cross is for each column of dimmer modules. Did you impart this bit of information to Teatronics when you contacted them? If not, I would contact them again. I've always had great support.

We have a Teatronics MD288 from 1990. We replaced it several years ago and moved it to our black box. It had been configured for AMX and we changed it to DMX. Worked fine. We just moved it to our new black box and fired it up. It worked but the channels were out of order. I called their tech support and they had me change the address wheels. That made them worse. Now one channel might bring up 3 dimmers in different phases. Tech support didn't know what EPROMs we had. They haven't called back. I've experimented with different addresses and most channels now work but in random order. Does anyone know what the addresses might be for each of the three control boards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back