Etc Eos Gadget 2/ion

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by Noah Abrams, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Noah Abrams

Noah Abrams Well-Known Member Premium Member

TD / Student
    Hello everyone, this is my first time posting on here and hope I can get some good feedback. I have recently purchased an ETC Gadget 2 DMX to USB interface. I love being able to have the functionality of an ion with a fraction of the price tag. Is there any affordable ways to connect an external keyboard and program it to work as ion keys?

I am a high school senior and have been Lighting Designer And TD/ME on multiple productions but have been used to using an element not the new ion console.

I have absolutely fallen in love with the new functionality of the Gadget and Eos Nomad software.

RonHebbard likes this.
  2. SteveB

SteveB Well-Known Member

Bunch of X-Keys products. The 58 key model does a decent job of replicating the legacy Ion facepanels, just no encoders. The ETC site has files to load to the device to get it up and running.

http://xkeys.com/xkeys.php

Check the ETC users forum, do a search, as well as on the Eos Facebook group.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    RonHebbard and Noah Abrams like this.
  3. Noah Abrams

TD / Student
    Thank you Steve! I was a little familiar with the X-KEYS when I purchased the gadget. However I had heard there was cheaper alternatives lol. Hopefully those are still available

4. Crisp image

Crisp image Well-Known Member

a bunch of us got cherry POS keyboards. While they are no x keys they were only $30usd but I think they are all sold now. I managed to pick up 4 of them (for my friends and myself) when my wife was in NYC and she bought them home for me to Australia so we saved on postage.
    They work pretty well but there are some functions you cant program on them where as with the X keys you can.
    Regards
    Geoff

Noah Abrams and RonHebbard like this.
  5. JChenault

JChenault Well-Known Member

I would spend a little time just using a standard computer keyboard

If you are a touch typist you may find that it is faster than learning a new key layout. At least that’s what I have found.

RonHebbard and Noah Abrams like this.
  6. Noah Abrams

TD / Student

thanks for the advice

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice